An ice breaker to get people talking to each other is to ask ‘What super power would you like to possess?’Answers that come back are usually something from the comic books:
- To run faster than a speeding train,
- To leap tall buildings at a single bound,
- To be able to see through solid walls,
I would like something more practical: To be able to untie any knot must be a super power as not all can do it. Or alternatively if I could possess a super power, I would possess the USA.
But deep down I know that it there were comic book powers and they were distributed, I would have these super abilities:
- To run faster than a speeding tortoise,
- To leap small matchboxes at a single bound,
- To be able to see through solid windows,
I’d be Mediocre Man.
People would exclaim, ‘Is it a bird? Is it a plain? No, it’s an idiot.’
‘Who will save the day? Please let it be someone else.’